The holidays are literally around the corner and this is a recipe that is super easy and even all of the kids in our family love it. There’s only one person I know who wouldn’t like it because she has a thing against white condiments. Not sure if cream cheese is considered a condiment, but not worth a discussion.
Anyway, I now make this dip every Christmas after popular demand from my nephew who also likes to eat anchovies for breakfast. And come to think of it, I make this dip for almost every party I host. And trust me on this, when you make it, put a bit away for yourself because this dip goes fast.
16 oz. cream cheese
2-3 anchovy filets
juice of 1/2 a lemon
6-8 sprigs of fresh thyme
1/4 cup capers
1/2 cup chopped green onions
4 filets of smoked trout
- Place cream cheese, anchovy filets, fresh squeezed lemon juice, fresh thyme leaves, and freshly-cracked pepper in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Remove cream cheese mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the capers and green onions.
- Then break the filets of smoked trout into bite-sized pieces with your hands and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Add a bit more freshly-cracked pepper and mix the ingredients together.
- Serve with baguette slices or crackers, or both!